With so much to see on the Great Ocean Road there is no wonder that when I ask people what their favourite part is that they cannot decide on an answer!
Icons along this 240km stretch include Bells Beach, Memorial Arch, Lorne and Angelsea, Otways Rainforest, Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and the London Bridge. With so much variation in what you can see in a single day is easy to know why it would be hard to choose.
I do have a favourite however I feel that my judgement may be unfair as I was fortunate enough to take a helicopter joy flight over the Twelve Apostles recently and of course this was a memorable moment that can now be surpassed by no other. The sensation surprised me on my first helicopter ride as it was smooth and felt effortless unlike the dramatic feeling you sometimes gain when an aeroplane takes off. It was such a gentle ascent into what can only be described as the most spectacular coastline that I have ever seen. The steep jaggered cliffs and pillars of the Twelve Apostles were much larger than I had imagined and yet appeared so small as we drifted above them.
The Great Ocean Road is great as a self drive road trip however is much more informative on an organised day tour from Melbourne with guides sharing commentary about the history and environmental perspectives of this region. I chose to take an organised Melbourne Day Tour with heli joy flight optional extra and will treasure all that I experienced forever. A great day out...
Icons along this 240km stretch include Bells Beach, Memorial Arch, Lorne and Angelsea, Otways Rainforest, Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and the London Bridge. With so much variation in what you can see in a single day is easy to know why it would be hard to choose.
I do have a favourite however I feel that my judgement may be unfair as I was fortunate enough to take a helicopter joy flight over the Twelve Apostles recently and of course this was a memorable moment that can now be surpassed by no other. The sensation surprised me on my first helicopter ride as it was smooth and felt effortless unlike the dramatic feeling you sometimes gain when an aeroplane takes off. It was such a gentle ascent into what can only be described as the most spectacular coastline that I have ever seen. The steep jaggered cliffs and pillars of the Twelve Apostles were much larger than I had imagined and yet appeared so small as we drifted above them.
The Great Ocean Road is great as a self drive road trip however is much more informative on an organised day tour from Melbourne with guides sharing commentary about the history and environmental perspectives of this region. I chose to take an organised Melbourne Day Tour with heli joy flight optional extra and will treasure all that I experienced forever. A great day out...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Do It Tour offers lowest prices on over 1000 tours and experiences Australia Wide! Thank you for visiting our site and leaving a comment. Select 'name/URL' if you do not have a google or other profile please. Thank you for your time and effort in sharing comments!